Workplace Diagnostic Toolkit
This practical toolkit was developed by the Partnership Resource Centre to help managers and union partners assess the state of the organisation and their relationship, in relation to partnership. It includes useful checklists, and it’s designed to help you progress your efforts to develop a more constructive workplace relationship.
The toolkit will help you:
- better understand the key attributes of a successful partnership and the critical dilemmas these throw up
- develop a partnership project methodology in your organisation
- evaluate the current state of the management/staff/union relationship in your workplace
- identify areas that require improvement and focus
- assess your progress at developing a working partnership.
The toolkit includes a comprehensive questionnaire and was originally designed to be used by an experienced facilitator.
Shorter versions are also available below.
Workplace Partnership - Diagnostic Questionnaire (short version)
This questionnaire can help management and the union work out how to improve the way they interact to advance their mutual interests and measure progress over time. It is a shorter version of the Workplace Partnership Diagnostic Toolkit.
This is an example of a basic staff survey based on the workplace partnership diagnostic questionnaire. This can be used to see how employees view their workplace, identify areas needing attention and help assess progress over time.