- Achieving Sustainable Compliance - The Department of Labour’s policy on the enforcement of employment standards
- Breastfeeding in the workplace - a guide for employers [PDF 8 pages, 318KB]
- Code of practice on infant feeding [PDF 3 pages, 135KB]
- Employee records - wages and time record, holiday and leave record [PDF 4 pages, 241KB]
The Employment Relations and Holidays Acts require employers to maintain wage, time, holiday and leave records, for their employees. This is an example of an employee record that meets those legislative requirements.
- Employment relationships - from beginning to end [PDF 22 pages, 563KB]
Explains employment relationship basics and introduces concepts that underpin employment relations laws.
- Employment supports for people with disabilities [PDF 2 pages, 356KB]
- Going to the Employment Relations Authority [PDF 13 pages, 516KB]
- Holidays and Leave [PDF 30 pages, 548KB]
Explains holiday and leave entitlements and how to calculate payments correctly for annual holidays, public holidays, sick and bereavement leave.
- How to hire - guide for employers [PDF 28 pages, 717KB]
A guide for employers recruiting and hiring new employees, whether they are full-time, part-time, permanent,casual or fixed-term employees.
- Managing Health and Safety: A guide for employers [html] [PDF, 18 pages, 578KB]
- Mediation - What to expect [PDF 2 pages, 242KB] The mediation process provides parties with an opportunity to find an acceptable resolution to problems.
- Minimum employment rights and obligations [PDF 6 pages, 365KB]
This brochure provides an overview of the minimum rights and obligations that apply by law to employers and employees.
- Parental leave - guide for employees, employers and the self-employed [PDF 30 pages, 692KB]
This guide has also been designed to assist employers and advisors in understanding how the main provisions in the Act apply to employees and the self-employed.
- Pay and the minimum wage [PDF 505KB]
Explains calculations and deductions including leave payments.
- Productivity Toolkit [html] [PDF, 24 pages, 620KB]
- Solving problems at work [PDF, 20 pages 970KB]
Describes typical problems and outlines the law relating to disciplinary action, including dismissals and redundancy, and handling ill health situations.
- Striking a balance - a guide for working parents [PDF 5 pages, 375KB]
A simple outline of what employment rights are in relation to parental leave, flexible work arrangements, infant feeding at work and rest & meal breaks.
- Unions and Collective Bargaining [PDF, 12 pages 517KB]
- Using mediation service effectively [PDF 24 pages, 919KB]
- Working together so we all go home safe and well - a guide for employees [PDF 12 pages, 331KB]
Explains the health and safety rights and obligations for employees.