HLFS Investigation Reports
These reports offer a short and focused analysis on predominant movements in quarterly Household Labour Force Survey (HLFS) data. As investigations are conducted on new quarterly data, the analyses will be added to this page.
Link to reports
- Youth Labour Market outcomes after the Recession
- How have Māori and Pacific people been affected by the recession? (October 2010)
- Employment Prospects for the Coming Year (July 2010)
- The Impact of the recession on young people (April 2010)
- Why are men more affected by labour market downturns? (December 2009)
- The labour force participation rate surprises again in the June 2009 quarter (August 2009)
- What drove the decline in the participation rate in the HLFS over the March 2009 quarter? (May 2009)
- Interpreting the December 2008 Quarter Household Labour Force Survey results (February 2009)
These reports are usually available a few days after the HLFS release.
Author or contact details
For further information please contact the Labour Market Analysis team