Construction Sector Action Plan 2010-2013
1. Construction Sector Action Plan
This Action Plan sets out specific actions to reduce the work toll in the construction sector and has a particular focus on slips, trips and falls from height.
It has been prepared by the Department of Labour in partnership with the Accident Compensation Corporation and the Construction Safety Council. It is closely aligned to the Construction Safety Council’s own Strategy and provides a purposeful rallying point for government agencies and the construction sector.
This Action Plan provides a means to:
- build shared leadership and ownership of the workplace health and safety problems and issues within the construction sector
- gain consensus on key priorities for action
- achieve co-ordinated and integrated activity.
In 3 years we want to see:
- a statistically significant reduction in workplace injury and fatality rates
- effective programmes in place to support this reduction
- reliable health and safety data and better access to it
- partnerships with government and industry improving health and safety.